May 24, 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have Mild.

Hi everyone,

I am writing this still at "home" in Texas visting my family. I have flannel pajamas with flowers on them. Mild, I know. (Here is a photo of my older sister and me in Texas a million years a go. Please not the mild crazy cat ladyness started early.)


I told a guy about how excited I was about next week's New Moon AND Solar Eclipse and realize how obscenely mild that must have sounded.

Do you read Penelope Trunk? I think she's absolutely fantastic and last night, I accidentally "liked" (on Facebook) an article of hers called "How to date your co-worker" forgetting how it would show up loud and clear on my Facebook page and then immediately erased. What a mild brush with work-gossip. Especially since I am Facebook friends WITH my co-workers. If they only knew how mild I am.

Today, I cooked my parents a dinner comprised of pesto salmon, bell pepper quinoa and portabella mushrooms. Mildly delicious. Mildly making up for all those years I was NOT a Girls Gone Mild.

A best friend since the 9th grade and I saw BRIDESMAIDS today. I highly recommend it to all in search of a good lady-rom-com. Though I swear one scene almost made people in the audience hurl. Radically mild and un-mild all at once. Go Kristin Wiig! (Then that same childhood bff and me took this photo. She made me Photoshop her face from a "better" photo on to her body here.)


Tonight, a straight male friend gave me hair advice over instant message from California. This is how mild my relationships with men are. "Bangs or no bangs?" (Here is a reminder of what bangs looked like.)


I am mildly impressed with myself not having checked my work email in 4 days now! And I kept my cell phone turned off for 24 whopping hours yesterday.

I got asked out by a very handsome man today. I think he wears suits all the time though. I am mildly intimidated. I long for the days when men neither dressed better or worse than me. Can't we just meet in the Mild middle of fashion?

Goodnight mild sweethears,
Cathy de la Mild

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet: I'm sleeping!