June 8, 2011

Getting mild FAST.

Today, I woke up after having a dream about having to fly an airplane for the first time in two years. It was the only way I could fly home and I wasn't sure whether or not it was better to admit to the crew on board that I was scared and maybe needed their help or just try and "wing it" NO PUN INTENDED. What a mild reality check of a dream!

Then at work, I spent SEVEN HOURS working on one project. I thought it was impossible for something to become so last minute for me that it almost DOESN'T BECOME ANYTHING AT ALL, but it happened. Mild nervous breakdown trying to export corrupted files into movies, compress them for DVD burning and then burn. MILDLY THE WORST THING EVER. But it worked out IN THE END. After I spent 7 MILD HOURS doing only this one task.

I came home and excitedly went through my records for a DJ gig tonight. I can really dive into playing a lot of genres, but if there is one thing that I know like the back of my hand it's riot grrrl and 70s girl-punk and EVERYTHING MILDLY IN BETWEEN. So much fun. But I seriously had to take my TAKE-OUT (a $12 salad) and wear my floral jumpsuit that I wore to work TO MY PUNK ROCK DJ GIG. So Girls Gone Mild, you would not believe.


Here are some of my friends, post-mosh pit. I love that we are in our 30s and we can still do this. Well, actually I knew myself and I knew it was Tuesday night and I was in a dry-clean only outfit, so I mildly moshed internally from the sidelines.


On my drive home at midnight, I seriously treated myself to a giant bottle of SMART WATER. I mildly take care of myself.

Good night all you mild punk rockers!
--cdlc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet: I'm sleeping!