January 27, 2011

All I can do is apologize for not writing more.

Mild Updates

I've been thinking more about exercising, but haven't started doing it. So I try and walk more every day. Less driving, more walking. Mild exercise, but something.

My friend, Heather who was visiting from San Francisco and I spent last Friday night eating a healthy dinner, then drinking white wine while researching our family ancestry. I'm not even joking. MILDLY AWESOME. I love my lady-friends.

Astrologically, my "quest for true love" is finally happening. I guess that's what's going on. I knew something was happening. I just thought it was an earthquake. MILDLY ENTERTAINING.

I got a manicure on my lunch break from work last week. Who needs food when you've got black nail polish and wine?

I spent last Sunday hiking through Griffith Park in the dorkiest workout clothes ever with Nikki. MILD HIKE. Very mild. But still a blast. I am so 30. I love to walk now.

I was invited to a BADMINTON PARTY. I mean, need I say more. MILD!!!

I bought plane tickets to Chicago for Valentines Day and the days that surround it for a few reasons:

1) A bff from high school is performing a monologue I wrote about having my heart trampled on (surprise) in a week or so run at a theater there. I'M PSYCHED. MILD CELEBRITY. Just kidding.

2) I needed somewhere to go on Vday. I can't handle the pressure of that day in a place where I live without that kind of stuff (romance, etc.). It's MILDLY RUNNING AWAY.

I didn't call my ex-boyfriend to catch up. MILDLY INTIMIDATING even though it shouldn't be.

I am mildly obsessed with getting blow outs from this place in L.A. called DRY BAR. $35 + a tip and my hair looks INSANE. Like I'm in a Pantene commercial or Jennifer Aniston's wig. MILDLY BEYOND GIRLY.

My friend, Natalie and I never get to see each other, but when we do, we order an entire pizza for just the two of us. MILDLY PIZZA PARTY.

Monday night is still the night of my favorite DJ night. But I'm trying to be good and only stayed until like 11:45pm this week. MILDLY SELF-IMPOSED CURFEW.

I maybe got a professional tarot card reading this week. MILDLY MAGICAL.

I had a houseguest for two nights in my mini-home. A big gay man on my tiny little couch. MILDLY SLUMBER PARTY STYLE WHEN YOU'RE 30.

My friend shared her Google calendar with me and now I unintentionally know what she's doing ALL the time. MILD BUT SWEET STALKING. No, but we never get to see each other because we're so busy, so at least I know what she's up to and it feels like being in touch. Like, without having talked to her in a week, I know that she's meeting her new boyfriend's parents tomorrow and I'm like OMG. MILD STAYING IN TOUCH.

Tonight, I showed my therapist a picture of my crush and my cat. Not together. Separate pictures. You can quote me on that first part. I mean, it just might be the GIRLS GONE MILD quote of the century. I'll italicize it so you KNOW.

Keep on being mild in the free world,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quiet: I'm sleeping!